Arizona Game Fair Miniatures Painting Competition Rules
All submissions must be turned in by noon on Saturday to Game Central in the main hall. Volunteers will provide you a receipt for your entry. If you have questions about the entry please visit the miniatures painting area. By submitting models to the competition you are agreeing to the following rules and regulations.
- By submitting the model you are certifying that you are the person who painted the model, and all painting, basing, and any conversion work was done by you.
- You are submitting no more than one entry per category.
- You must be present at the award ceremony to claim your prize.
- You must leave your models for display until after the award ceremony. Removing your models from display early will disqualify you from the competition.
- Models entered may be painted either before or during the convention (so new painters who participate in paint-and-takes or painting classes may submit their work for judging).
- Arizona Game Fair is a family friendly convention, we reserve the right to refuse any entry due to inappropriate content.
- While we will take the greatest care of your entry, Arizona Game Fair is not responsible for any lost or damaged miniatures.
We will accept entries in three categories as described below. Please note that the competition judges reserve the right to determine the final category placement for each entry.
- Small Single Model – Any single model from any manufacturer up to 75 mm scale human size. (Note that this can include small scale vehicles or busts as well.) Overall base dimensions cannot exceed 4” by 4” with a height not to exceed 8”.
- Large Single Model – Any large single model from any manufacturer, such as a dragon, vehicle, or other oversized model. Base dimensions cannot exceed 8” by 8” with a height not to exceed 10”.
- Squad or Unit – Any squad or unit of similar models from the same manufacturer. Base dimensions cannot exceed 8” by 6” with a height not to exceed 8”.
All skill levels are welcome! Awards will be given for each category for three different painting levels so that each piece is judged fairly. Please note again that the competition judges reserve the right to determine the final category placement for each entry.
- Youth – entries by painters aged 15 and under
- Hobbyist – entries by painters who have never painted pieces for commission and/or have never won an award in a painting competition in the past
- Professional – entries by painters who have painted pieces for commission and/or have won an award in a painting competition in the past.
All models must be picked up Sunday by 3pm.